Casino Payment Methods: How They Work and How to Use Them
With various casino payment methods on offer, players can easily fund and manage their casino accounts to enjoy the world of online gambling. You’re in the right place if you are new to gambling online and want to learn about the best payment options for safe and secure casino transactions.
The deposit and withdrawal options listed in this guide have been used by players worldwide and remain top choices.
If you are a player that enjoys accessing real money games online, we have all the information you need on casino payment methods below. When you fund an account, you want to make sure you choose the most reliable and secure method possible.
Here, you can learn about the best casino payment methods and how to use these to manage your account, so you can wager and win on some of the best games in the industry.
Overview of all payment methods
Selection of Online Casino Payment Methods
Casino players from New Zealand will find great payment options for real money transactions. The most popular payment methods enable fast and easy transactions and guarantee high safety and security levels.
With popular payment options, you can instantly fund a casino account and begin enjoying your favourite games. Most of the payment methods available to New Zealand players also support withdrawals so that you can use the same payment type for all transactions. Casino payments are also usually processed using SSL encryption software for your safety.
If you are a player from NZ looking to enjoy real money play at a leading casino, check out the most popular casino payment methods today. You can use any of these to fund your account and start making bets.
Debit and Credit Cards
- Visa: One of the best online casino deposit methods is Visa credit and debit cards. Visa is a widely accepted payment option at casinos worldwide, including New Zealand. Best of all, transactions are very secure with this method.
- MasterCard: Like Visa, you’ll find MasterCard is a widely accepted method for online payments at gambling sites. With MasterCard, you can make instant deposits so that you can start playing immediately.
- AMEX: Another credit card option that online casino sites accept is AMEX (American Express.) However, this card is not as widely available in New Zealand as Visa and MasterCard, so it isn’t as popular as the other two options.
- PayPal: PayPal is one of the leading e-wallet services for NZ players. With a PayPal account, you can safely deposit and withdraw and always have access to the account to review transactions.
- Neteller: Neteller is a flagship e-wallet service known for offering the best levels of security and ease of use. Funds can be deposited or withdrawn from a casino account, and you can transfer these from your Neteller account to a bank account.
- Skrill: This popular digital wallet is accepted at thousands of sites and allows players to fund a Skrill account using other banking methods. You can then directly transfer funds to an online casino account.
- ecoPayz: With ecoPayz, players can instantly fund a casino account and make secure withdrawals. This web-wallet casino payment option is easy to use and accepted at the best New Zealand casino sites.
- Zimpler: Zimpler is an e-wallet service based in Sweden and offers instant deposits using a mobile phone. Just sign up, download the app, add funds, and make a deposit at a top NZ casino!
- Apple Pay: With e-wallets becoming all the rage, Apple has released its own wallet, allowing people to make easy payments. All you need to do is add a card to your wallet and then select Apple Pay as your payment method at the casino.
- Google Pay: Like Apple Pay, Android users can download the Google Pay app onto their smartphones and set up this virtual wallet by adding credit and debit cards to it. Many online casinos accept Google Pay since there are plenty of online casino players who use Android phones.
- MuchBetter: With MuchBetter, you can make and approve casino payments using your phone. This virtual wallet is an extremely secure solution since all data is protected in the cloud, and you need to use Touch ID to access the mobile payments platform. Casino players can also enjoy great rewards when they make online transactions with MuchBetter.
- PaysafeCard: This is a prepaid payment option where a voucher is purchased at a retail location. Players will then redeem the voucher using a 16-PIN code to make an instant deposit.
- Prezzy Card: Visa has released a prepaid card, Prezzy, allowing gamblers to add a certain amount to the card, which they can use at online casinos.
- Revolut: This prepaid debit card is great for New Zealanders who play at offshore casinos and want to make deposits in foreign currencies. You can add money to your card and quickly deposit and withdraw money from casinos.
Alternative online casino payment methods
- Phone Bill Deposits: Many operating casinos online allow New Zealand players to fund an account using a phone bill. To do this, enter your phone number at the cashier, and you will receive a text to confirm the transaction. Deposits will be charged to your monthly bill or removed from a prepaid balance.
- POLi: POLi is a service NZ players can use to transfer funds from a bank account to an online casino. Transactions are always validated, and an instant transfer is guaranteed.
- Boku: NZ gamblers can use this mobile payment service to make a casino deposit while adding the deposit amount to the monthly phone bill or deducting it from a prepaid phone account.
- Trustly: With Trustly, you can make a casino deposit from your bank without entering your bank details on the website. However, to use Trustly as a New Zealander, you’ll need to have a bank account in one of the participating European countries.
- Bitcoin: A lot of online casinos have jumped on the cryptocurrency trend and now accept Bitcoin (BTC) payments, along with other crypto coins like Ethereum and Litecoin. The benefit of using Bitcoin as a casino payment method is that the payment will remain private since BTC uses blockchain technology to process transactions
- Payforit: One of the best online betting payment methods for mobile users is Payforit. This payment solution uses your mobile credit to make online casino deposits so that you can add money to your account using just your phone.
- Klarna: Although this payment method isn’t as common at online casinos, you’ll still find it at some New Zealand gambling sites. This buy now, pay later method is extremely popular with gamblers who don’t have cash lump sums to make a casino deposit but instead want to pay in instalments.
What is a Payment Provider?
A payment provider offers individuals a way to make online or offline payments. Therefore, casino payment providers are payment companies enabling transactions at casino sites.
Online gambling offers some great chances to collect real money payouts. To fully enjoy your casino winnings, you must choose a casino with the safest payment methods available. By selecting a payment option known for reliability and security, you can make secure deposits and withdrawals and take advantage of fast and easy transactions.
While some players may be limited in what payment options the casino offers, gambling sites usually offer a variety of methods from the most trusted payment providers, including PayPal, Visa, and Skrill.
How We Assess the Best Casino Payment Methods
When we are looking at casino payment options for gambling deposits, we consider a range of factors. The most important thing is security. We only recommend deposit methods that provide players with safety, so it is important that the payment options offer encryption, two-factor authentication, and data protection.
Moreover, the payment method should be easily available to New Zealand players. While some of the payment options listed in this guide cannot be used in New Zealand, they can be used at offshore casinos, which Kiwi players can access.
Another essential factor we consider when assessing online casino payment methods is how fast they are. We know that online casino customers don’t want to wait days for payments to show up in their accounts, so we recommend the fastest methods on the market.
How to Make an Online Casino Real Money Deposit
Are you wondering, “how do you deposit money at a casino?” Fortunately, it’s simple, and adding money to your gambling account will be a similar process when using almost any casino deposit option. Here is what you need to know to add money to your online casino account:
- First, make sure you have an account with the online casino of your choice.
- Go to the cashier page and select the deposit option.
- Choose your deposit method and the amount you wish to add to your account.
- Enter the requested payment information (e.g. card details, account numbers, or e-wallet email addresses.)
- Submit the deposit. The money should arrive in your account instantly.
Casino Deposits with Bank Account
At some casinos, you’ll be able to make a bank transfer. Many people prefer making instant bank transfers because they are often more secure. Bank payments go through many checks, which gives casino players some reassurance.
When you make a bank wire transfer at an online casino, you’ll often need to enter information like your bank account number. A separate window will usually open, and you will need to log into your bank account to confirm the payment.
The only downside with making a bank transfer at a casino is that it can take a few days for the money to appear in your casino account. If you want an instant deposit, it is best to look at some other payment methods.
Choosing the Right Casino Payment Method
Ready to start wagering and winning at online casinos? Check out these steps to choosing the best online casino payment methods to make a secure deposit. Within minutes, you can be playing your favorite games and winning real money payouts!
What Currency Can I Use when Playing at Casinos Online?
When choosing the best casino payment method, you must ensure you can conduct transactions in your local currency. Not every casino or payment method will allow this. If you deposit using a banking option that does not support your currency, you may have to pay conversion fees when making transactions. For Kiwi gamblers, it is always best to play at a multi-currency casino that accepts New Zealand Dollars.
- Single Currency Casino – Only one currency will be supported at these casinos. Players that have a different local currency will have to convert funds.
- Multiple Currency Casino – Multi-currency casinos are the best option as they allow players to choose from a long list of currencies when making a financial transaction.
- Digital Currency Casino – With a digital currency casino, all players will have the ability to conduct a transaction and will not have to choose a specific country-based currency.
How Do I Withdraw My Winnings from an Online Casino?
After winning at a casino, you can request a withdrawal. Most casinos allow you to use the same casino payment method to remove funds as you used to deposit (unless you used Paysafecard or the pay-by-phone method). To request a withdrawal, head to the casino cashier, select your payment method, and enter the withdrawal amount.
When making your first withdrawal, you will be required to prove your identity, and the casino will likely ask for documents. Once your identity is confirmed, the casino will process the withdrawal request, and you can enjoy your payouts! With trusted online casino payment methods, withdrawals are fast, safe, and straightforward.
With a cryptocurrency, you can remain anonymous and never have to provide a casino with sensitive banking details. Some of the best NZ casinos support using cryptos like Bitcoin and Litecoin. With these, you can make a fast withdrawal and receive your funds in minutes.
You can also use E-wallets to remove payouts from a casino account. When you request a withdrawal with leading e-wallets like Neteller or Skrill, the funds will be credited to your e-wallet account. The withdrawal process is fast and generally takes 24 hours after the casino approves the withdrawal.
Credit and Debit Cards
Many casino sites now allow withdrawals using credit or debit cards. Both of these can be used for instant deposits, though you will find withdrawals take longer to process. It is also possible that some casinos will not allow for a withdrawal using Visa, so be sure to check before selecting an option.
Bank Transfers and Check Payments
Bank transfers are supported at just about every casino site, allowing for a secure withdrawal and funds to be transferred to your bank. This process can take up to 5 days to complete. Players can also request a paper check in the mail but may have to wait two weeks for it to arrive using this method.
Casino Payment Fees and Charges
There may be hidden fees or additional charges when you make a casino deposit or withdrawal. Every online casino and payment method will have its own fees, which you can usually find on the FAQ page. For example, when you make a domestic transfer with Skrill, you could face an additional fee of up to 2% on top of your transaction amount.
Fortunately, there are some low-fee online casino payment methods available. Visa and Mastercard products are great options if you don’t want to incur high fees. E-wallets like PayPal also have low fees if you receive money in your account’s main currency.
How to Get a Fast Withdrawal
Sometimes, your casino withdrawal may take a while to arrive in your account. This is because casinos do various checks to avoid fraud. As well as this, some online banking methods take a long time to process.
Here’s a list of some things you can do to speed up withdrawal times:
- Choose a fast payment method. E-wallets and cryptocurrencies are well known for speeding up the transaction process.
- Make sure you enter the correct information. Many online casino players hold up receiving their payments by entering incorrect details. Double-check the online banking information you enter before submitting your withdrawal request.
- Fulfil bonus requirements: If you’ve used a bonus with wagering requirements, then make sure you have completed these. You must fulfil playthrough requirements before withdrawing money from your casino account.
- Complete casino account verification: You must verify your account at many online casinos before making a casino withdrawal.
Another essential aspect of fast casino withdrawals is completing KYC (Know Your Customer) checks. In these checks, you need to prove your identity and often confirm your address by submitting identification documents, bill statements, and other documents. The casino carries out these checks to ensure you are who you claim to be and to avoid money laundering or other financial crimes.
Online Casino Payment Methods for Sports Betting
Many of the best online casinos also offer sports betting. When it comes to making sports bets, you want a fast payment method that allows you to make instant deposits. This is because many gamblers make in-play bets, which occur while the sporting event is taking place.
The casino deposit options we recommend for sports betting include the following:
- Visa and Mastercard
It’s best to avoid bank transfers or other payment methods that go through lots of checks. If you use these, the money will take too long to arrive in your account.
Always Choose a Payment Provider You Trust
When choosing any casino payment method, it is important to ensure that you will receive the highest level of security. The best payment methods take extra steps to protect your personal and financial details. You will also find that leading NZ casino sites process payments using state-of-the-art encryption software.
When choosing deposit options, try to find one you can also use for withdrawals since not all deposit methods can remove funds. Check with the cashier to learn about supported withdrawal options and processing times. You can enjoy a fast and safe withdrawal using the reliable options we have mentioned above.
Casino Payment Methods FAQ
What payment method is the fastest?
Cryptocurrencies are the best option when looking for the fastest casino payment methods. You can make an instant deposit and enjoy the quickest withdrawal times with these.
What is important to have in mind when choosing a casino payment method?
When deciding which banking option to use, check whether local currencies are supported and whether the option supports both deposits and withdrawals. You will also want to check the maximum deposit and withdrawal limits in place.
Which payment method is the safest and most secure?
For players looking for the most secure way to manage casino funds, e-wallets are often a top choice. These services provide added layers of protection and ensure that only you can access your account. With services like PayPal, Neteller, and Skrill, you can enjoy complete security when depositing or withdrawing.
How quickly can I cash out my winnings?
This will depend on the method that has been selected. All withdrawals have to be approved by the casino before funds are released. It can take a few minutes or 7 days for funds to be received based on the chosen option.
Are there any withdrawal limits at online casinos?
Yes. Each casino will have a set amount that you can withdraw. These limits can be daily, weekly, or monthly. You need to check with the support team before conducting any transactions to determine the current withdrawal limits.
Are there any deposit or withdrawal fees I have to be aware of?
One of the great things about playing at an online casino is that most do not charge added fees when conducting a transaction. However, you may incur fees by certain banks when using transfers or a bank-issued credit card.
What's the best casino payment method for high rollers?
You'll likely need to use online payment methods with high deposit limits if you're a high roller at an online casino. In this case, we recommend using debit cards or e-wallets. Both options allow you to alter daily transaction limits to spend more at the casino.
How do you get paid from online gambling?
When you win big after playing an online casino game or making a sports bet, you need to make a casino withdrawal using a payment method of your choice. The money will then arrive in your chosen financial account, assuming you've completed all necessary checks and met all the casino's terms.
Which payment methods can you claim casino bonuses with?
Many of the casino deposit options listed at the top of this guide allow you to claim exclusive bonuses when you add money to the site.
Do I have to make deposits and withdrawals with the same payment method?
No, not necessarily. At many casino operators, you can deposit money and withdraw winnings using different methods. This is especially true if you use a payment option like Paysafecard for deposits; in this case, you'll need to choose another withdrawal method since Paysafecard is only suitable for deposits.
Why can't I use certain payment methods in my location?
Some of the payment options mentioned on this list are unavailable in New Zealand. This is because the payment option hasn't yet been launched in the country. However, if you gamble at an offshore casino where the payment method is available, you can use it there.
Should I choose e-wallet deposits over credit card deposits?
It depends on the casino you play at. Many people use e-wallets since they are faster and often have lower fees. However, credit card deposits may be safer since you can easily claim back money if the casino overcharges you.
What should I do if I have an issue with casino withdrawals or deposits?
The best thing to do is contact the casino directly using the support channels. If the problems persist, you should contact your payment provider.
Olivia is an experienced researcher and writer interested in everything relating to Tech and Payments. Olivia is a skilled software developer and uses her IT and programming skills to write accurate content about technical aspects and iGaming tech.Read more about the author