Lightning Roulette: The Ultimate Guide
Lightning Roulette is a live version of Roulette by Evolution Gaming. It's based on European roulette, with some unique differences! If you want to learn more about how Lightning Roulette works and where you can play, read on. This guide will provide an overview of the basic rules, a step-by-step guide to playing and explain the odds involved. We'll also provide some tips and strategies for playing this version of roulette and describe some other versions you may enjoy.
So read on to find out everything you need to know about Lightning Roulette...
Basic Rules of Lightning Roulette
Lightning Roulette is a unique spin on traditional roulette offered as a live game. It features a live wheel and live dealer to provide players with a fun, game-show-style environment.
The rules are similar to European Roulette. Your objective is to predict the number the ball will land on after the wheel spins by placing one or more bets on a particular number. Like European roulette, the wheel includes numbers 1 to 36, with a single zero. You can make a wide range of bets, including single or a range of numbers.
The big difference between Lightning roulette and European roulette is that one to five lucky lightning numbers appear in each round before the wheel spins (but after bets have been placed). These randomly generated numbers are struck with multipliers from 50x to 500x to help you win more.
If the roulette ball lands on one of the lightning numbers, every player who placed a straight-up bet on that number gets their bet multiplied by the multiplier.
The big difference between Lightning roulette and European roulette is that one to five lucky lightning numbers appear in each round before the wheel spins...
If you bet on a number that's not one of the lucky numbers, you still get your wager paid out but at smaller odds of 30/1. All other usual roulette bets have the same odds as the standard European version of the game.
How to Play Lightning Roulette: Step-by-Step
Follow these steps to start playing live lightning roulette:
- Find a live casino that offers lightning roulette and set up an account. Make sure you choose an online casino that offers a good range of casino games, is reputable and licensed and has a good user interface that's easy to navigate.
- Consider your betting strategy and whether you will opt for straight-up bets, column bets, outside bets or other bets to help maximise your chance of accessing lucky payouts.
- Wait for the current roulette bets to complete before you place your bets for the next round.
- After the betting is closed, the dealer will flip a switch and reveal the lucky numbers on the screen. Each number will be struck with a multiplier between 50x and 500x.
- Sit back and watch as the dealer releases the roulette ball. Check where the ball lands, just like in any other standard roulette game.
- If you're lucky enough to have picked a winning pocket, collect your winnings and prepare for the next Lightning Roulette round!
Odds for Lightning Roulette
Like any other roulette game, there are different odds available for live lightning roulette that can help influence how you decide to bet. Here are the typical odds if you're interested in playing Lightning Roulette at online casinos.
|Straight-up bet, when you place a bet on one number:||30/1|
|Betting on red or black, allowing you to cover 18 numbers||1/1|
|Betting on odd or even, covering 18 numbers||1/1|
|Betting high or low, when you cover numbers 1 to 18 or 19 to 36||1/1|
|A column bet, which covers 12 numbers||2/1|
|Betting on dozens/thirds, which also covers 12 numbers||2/1|
Return to Player: Lightning Roulette
Return to player percentage, known as RTP, is the expected percentage of wagers that a game will return to the player over the long term.
Playing Lightning Roulette at a live casino gives you an RTP percentage of 97.30%. This means your chances of winning are better than playing many other online casino games. For every $1 you bet on the roulette wheel, lightning roulette returns 97.3 cents to players.
Tips & Strategies for Lightning Roulette
While playing a roulette wheel typically comes down to luck, there are some helpful strategies you can use to help improve your chances of winning when playing Lightning Roulette.
💡 Go for a Straight-Up Bet
Your biggest payouts in Lighting Roulette are made when you make straight-up bets. So, if you're looking to win big on the lucky numbers, place your bet on one or more specific numbers. Rather than placing a bed on red/black or odd/even.
💡 Bet on All the Numbers
If you bet on every number, it can help you get a guaranteed hit on one or more multipliers. But to help ensure you don't lose too much money, it's wise to stop betting on all numbers as soon as you get one of the lucky payouts with a big multiplier (250x or 500x).
💡 Check Results and Statistics
When you play live lightning roulette, you can access results and statistics from the previous 500 rounds. To access, click the 'bar graph' icon on the bottom right of your screen. Checking stats and past results can help you make a more informed bet, particularly if certain bets are running hot or a lucky number keeps popping up.
💡 Hedge Your Bets
Hedging your bets can be a useful strategy when playing this version of the game. Consider placing half your wager on a red/black bet, an odd/even bet that gives you a good chance of winning, and the other half on a straight-up bet. Hedging means that any winnings from your red/black or odd/even bet can cover your straight number wager most of the time to help reduce your losses.
💡 Access Promotions and Bonuses
In New Zealand, many online casinos offer various bonuses and promotions. These bonus offers mean you can spin for free, which is a great way to play risk-free. Check out any welcome bonuses when signing up and making your first deposit with a new casino.
Remember that most bonuses come with terms and conditions, such as wagering requirements. We always recommend checking conditions before activating any bonus.
Alternative Versions of Roulette
There are various alternative versions of roulette available at online casinos. Each offers different chances of winning and slightly different ways of playing to give you plenty of options.
Here are some of the most popular roulette versions available:
- American Roulette: This version offers players a high house edge of 5.25% and features two zeroes on the wheel. If you want to discover more, our comprehensive American roulette guide outlines everything you need to know before playing.
- French Roulette: Like European roulette, the French version only plays with a single zero. It also features an interesting rule known as La Partage, where you forgo half your bet if the ball lands on zero. French roulette is popular in many online New Zealand casinos.
- European Roulette: In European roulette, one of the most popular game versions, the wheel is divided into black and red numbers, and only one zero is used. Its house edge is 2.7%, and it's found in almost all online casinos in New Zealand. Our helpful European roulette guide gives you plenty of information about how to play and some useful strategies.
- Mini Roulette: This fun version uses a smaller 13-number wheel, six black and red numbers, and a single zero. Payouts with this version are typically 11/1, and you can find out more with our helpful mini roulette guide.
- Double Ball Roulette: Double roulette is a popular version that uses two balls when the wheel is spun instead of one. It follows the same rules as a standard game. Find out about this version with our double-ball roulette guide.
Where to Play Lightning Roulette
There are plenty of online casinos in New Zealand that offer you the chance to play Lightning Roulette. For the best online casinos, check out our list of recommended roulette sites.
All of the sites on our recommended list have been researched and vetted by our experienced team. We only recommend licensed and reputable sites that offer fair playing conditions for NZ players. We also look for high-quality customer service, and a good selection of games and sites that are optimised for a range of devices, including mobiles.
Conclusion - Lightning Roulette
If you're looking for a roulette game that offers electrifying sound effects, advanced sound, lightning effects and is visually stunning, Lighting Roulette might just be the game for you! If you already love roulette, try this version to see if you can access some big payouts with the excitement of lightning numbers.
Check out our tips and strategies above when considering your wager, and don't forget to watch for bonuses and promotions. Many online casinos will offer attractive free spins bonuses when signing up, giving you a free chance of winning big.
Get ready to spin and win with Lightning Roulette!
Senior Content Editor
Noah is the senior content editor at CasinoCrawlers and a writer with many iGaming articles under his portfolio. Therefore, he is skilled at writing bonus guidelines, gambling strategies, and casino reviews. During his spare time, he enjoys playing Call of Duty and is a huge rugby fan.Read more about the author